Job Title: Staff Accountant
Department: Facility Accounting
Reports To: Director of Facility Accounting
Job Type: Full-time, Salary
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, is seeking a Staff Accountant. This position supports and assists the finance department with accounting activities at the facility by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Director in preparation of financial statements (monthly, annual, upon request, etc).
- Input of journal entries to the accounting system.
- Performs analysis and reconciliations on general ledger accounts.
- Track and review inventory.
- Event related duties specific to accounting of activity.
- Input data to spreadsheets as required.
- Update templates for events.
- Count cash according to schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration
- Focus in accounting or finance
- Previous experience not required but will be considered
- Applicants without a Bachelor’s degree are encouraged to apply should they have relevant education and/or experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting.
- Strong attention to details.
- Analytical thinker.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients.
- Positive attitude with an eagerness to learn.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and possess experience or willing to learn and use accounting and financial reporting software (including Sage, ADP, and internal proprietary software).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific physical demands for this job include close vision for review of information on a PC monitor, as well as hard copy output.
Due to the nature of our business candidates may need to be able to work flexible hours.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- A supportive and positive team culture.
- A dynamic and fast paced working environment.
- Work-life balance.
PLEASE NOTE: All successful candidates will be required to successfully complete a background check, which may include criminal, credit, credential and reference check.
Please send resumes to:
Director of Facility Accounting
Please ensure the subject line reads: Staff Accountant
Only successful applicants will be contacted.