POSITION: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Director of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Marketing Manager at Leon’s Centre. This position is responsible for the majority of marketing related tasks within the facility in coordination with other departments and tenant organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Act as the central point for all Leon’s Centre marketing.
- Plan, budget, place, and execute marketing plans for events in coordination with event promoters.
- Track and approve advertising invoicing, maintain detailed records for finance and event settlement.
- Write, prepare and disseminate event and venue press releases.
- Updating and maintenance of Leon’s Centre website in coordination with all departments.
- Design and organize web and social media content/promotions in collaboration with management.
- Graphic design for internal/external messaging, promotion, and sales tools.
- Create or modify graphics, audio, video, printed materials, and other marketing assets as necessary.
- Organize and manage grassroots marketing campaigns for the venue in order to meet promotional objectives and budgetary goals.
- Assists with public relations activities, press-related duties during events.
- Media escort and photographer at designated events.
- Coordinate and manage marketing internships with local post-secondary institutions.
- Provide strategic support for facility and event sponsorship generation and prepares materials used for sales
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
- Assists General Manager / Assistant General Manager as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains, at all times, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in marketing, public relations or sport management preferred.
- Previous experience/internship in graphic design, marketing, public relations, or related industry experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong PC and Mac based computer capabilities including: Adobe InDesign CS6, Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, MS Office.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of major social media platforms with an emphasis on paid marketing campaign placement.
Skills & Abilities
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative and proactive problem solver who has the ability to work cross-functionally with exceptional team-work skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment keeping close attention to details and maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality results – while meeting deadlines.
- Must be assertive, outgoing, creative, hard-working, resourceful, independent thinker who is greatly interested in working in sports/entertainment marketing.
- Requires flexible schedule to work events, work extra hours as needed, or to complete projects and meet deadlines on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Send resume and cover letter along with examples of work and salary expectations to email@example.com