Event Staff – Part Time
Summary: Provides front line service to patrons, proactively and enthusiastically greeting guests in a welcoming and friendly manner, maintaining a safe and enjoyable environment by informing and directing guests with respect to safety and comfort and implementing house and event policies and procedures within the designated area, ensures that continuous attention to detail is paid so that the facility and event are presented in the best possible fashion to guests, performs other duties as instructed:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties as assigned:
- Welcome and manage the movement and the activities of guests as they arrive at the event.
- Retrieve and verify guest tickets.
- Appropriately direct guests to various points throughout the complex.
- Assist guests in finding their designated seats for the event.
- Assist guests with specific concerns related to their enjoyment or involvement with the event by communicating and acting in a timely, polite and professional manner.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the event and facility.
- Assist guests with special needs.
- Inspect guest’s personal items such as bags, purse, etc. if appropriate.
- Restrict venue access to only those people with tickets to attend the event.
- Professionally, diplomatically and pro-actively re-inforce house rules/policies – including alcohol management policies and municipal by-laws, and use discretion where no such rule exists.
- Continuously monitor work area for potential safety issues (i.e. trip hazards, unruly behaviour, overconsumption of alcohol, etc.) and take appropriate action.
- Monitor flow of crowd for duration of event.
- Maintain control of limited access areas.
- Provide a written record to management, or ensure that written records are collected and distributed to management when appropriate.
- In conjunction with direction from management, supervisors and emergency personnel, direct and advise guests of appropriate action during conditions of potential emergency.
- Take action to ensure that all assigned work areas are clean and tidy before and during a public event.
- Assist the Event Manager in various activities during the event as instructed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must be 18 years of age
1 year related customer service experience and/or training
equivalent combination of education and experience
Demonstrate problem-solving, customer service, and communication skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
First Aid/CPR certification considered an asset, but not mandatory.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact appropriately with the public
Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to function; may include day, evening, weekends and holidays
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility(ies), at times, walking and/or standing and/or sitting up to 8 hours daily.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter to: