Changeover / Conversion Crew
Job Title: Conversion Crew
Job Status: Casual
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Rate of pay: $15 / hour + $5/hour nighttime premium
In this position you are a member of the conversion/changeover crew. Duties required converting the facility from hockey mode, to concert, or other event modes (and back). Any event oriented preparation/setup required for shows or sporting events to run safely and efficiently, other duties as assigned.
- Lay down ice decking.
- Remove rink glass and dasher boards for event set-ups as needed.
- Set up and tear down folding chairs, staging and risers as needed.
- Reinstall arena glass before returning to hockey setup
- Reinstall dasher boards exits as needed
- Must wear CSA approved hockey helmet any time walking on the ice surface.
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of department equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any labor experience is an asset
- Must have CSA approved steel toe work boots.
- Ability to do heavy lifting and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Demonstrate familiarity with tools and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
- Ability to work varied schedule including evenings, overnights and weekends.
Work requires significant physical effort, walking (including stairs), and lifting heavy weights. Work requires utilizing tools and equipment that could cause physical injury if not handled and operated following safety practices and procedures. Required to follow WHMIS and provincial Health and Safety requirements.
Please send a resume to Rob Moeys at email@example.com