Part- time Operations/Gameday staff
Job Title: Part-time Operations/Gameday Staff
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Job Status: Part-Time
Purpose and Scope
To ensure that all equipment and operational tasks are properly performed to guarantee the success of every event held at the Leon’s Centre.
Duties and Activities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform ice making tasks as required
- Operate light equipment such as ice resurfacer, forklifts, lift platforms, loaders, and cleaning equipment
- Responsible for the assembly and disassembly of event equipment, such as tables, chairs, risers, staging, and booths
- Assist during game day(moving nets, cleaning up snow, fill holes in the ice)
- Install and remove dashers, glass and temporary flooring on ice surface
- Assist with custodial duties including dusting, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming when required
- Complete minor repairs on ice surface, dasher boards, safety shields, and all other equipment
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have steel toed boots
- Must have own hockey helmet
- Must be physically able to do heavy lifting and comfortable working at heights
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Possess knowledge of materials, equipment, and methods used in custodial work
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety precautions
- Familiar with tools and maintenance equipment
- Must be willing to work a varied schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Certifications, Licences, or Registrations
- None required.
- First Aid and WHIMIS preferred
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today’s business climate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should forward a detailed résumé and cover letter to: